Selling your home can be considered one of the most stressful events in one’s life but we are here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be! We have a great list of tips and tricks to help a stressed seller feel at peace with this process.
So why exactly can it be stressful to sell your home?
- Some people have a desired time frame when selling their home
- Desired price range
- Timing to coincide with the purchase of a new home
- Determining a list price
- Finding the right agent
- Negotiating with buyers
- Determining what improvements to make to better sell the home
- Deciding which offer to accept
This all sounds reasonably stressful and rightfully so! But its how you as a seller decide to go through this process. Sure, it’s easier said than done but why not at least try to make it better for yourself?
Now lets discuss some ways to ease the stress…
- Make a decision as to why you are selling your home to begin with and do not lose sight of that throughout the whole process.
- Consider cash offers
- Choose the right agent: This is probably the most important component when selling. Choosing someone like Anthony Gargaro of the Gargaro Group comes highly recommended and is extremely knowledgeable in his craft.
- Set boundaries around the showing schedule: do not overstress yourself if someone want’s to see the home rather plan it around a time you feel most comfortable and make sure you aren’t home and also having an open and upfront conversation with your agent about when you are available and when you are not.
- Strategize properly if you are buying and selling at the same time: this factor all depends on your personal financial situation and the current state of the local housing market.
- Declutter your home: take care of this before actually listing your home so that you don’t have to worry about it during the listing process. If you do this before hand, it will definitely take a large burden off your shoulders.
- Keep your home as clean as possible: keep up with dishes, laundry, vacuum, deep clean bathrooms. The cleaner your home is, the less stressed out you’ll be.
- Move out before listing: now we are aware this does not pertain to many but if you can, we suggest doing so because it lessens the day to day stress and your home will be ready to show without having to lift a finger.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: lastly and most importantly, we cannot stress (haha) how important this tip is. There are many things you can do such as, exercising regularly, drinking tons of water, socializing regularly, eating healthy, getting the ample amount of sleep, and kicking bad habits such a smoking and drinking excessively.
Accepting the fact that this process will be stressful is key in managing the stress. So take a minute before it’s time to get started and prepare everything you have to get done, make lists, communicate with your partner or children if you have them, and take a big deep breath! Now you are ready to sell your home ????